The 2017 Annual National Conference of the School of Science (ANCOSOS), Adeyemi College of Education will be held in the dazzling city of Ondo on November 13-16, 2017 at the Grace Ekong Obongawan Lecture theatre within the campus. The theme for this year's conference is "STRENGTHENING ICT AS CHANGE AGENT FOR A RECESSED ECONOMY IN A PLURALISTIC WORLD."
The conference will provide an opportunity to advance science and technology between academics, researchers and industry. Participants from around the world will come together to exchange useful knowledge in one location. Other leading international researchers will be invited to present their findings and initiate brainstorming discussions about way information technology can be harnessed to strengthen the economy during this recession period.
Also, a pre-conference seminar series organised by the Green Institute will be held at the School of Science Board Room on 7th November 2017. Accepted full -length peer-reviewed papers will be published in an international journal.
- Keynote Address Presenter: Prof. O. S. Adewale, Fmr Director, ICT Center, FUTA.
- Lead Paper Presenter: Dr. A.C. Nwakpa, Physics Dept, ACE Ondo.
- Chairman: Prof. E.O. Ayoola, Council Member, University of Ibadan, Ibadan.
- Host: Dr. P. O. Akinbile, Dean School of Science, ACE Ondo.
- Chief Host: Prof. J.O. Ogen - Provost, ACE Ondo.
- ICT and Entrepreneurship Skills;
- ICT and National Economy;
- ICT and Economic Growth;
- ICT and Vocational Skill Acquisition;
- ICT in Language and Cultural Development;
- ICT in Recessed Economy;
- ICT as an Indicator for Recessed Economy Repair
- Role of ICT in a Pluralistic world;
- Empowering Women in Science and Technology for National Development in a Pluralistic world;
- Sustaining Science and Technology Education through Language diversity in a Pluralistic world;
- Strengthening Vocational and Technical Education through Science and Technology education;
- Health Education and Preventive therapy in a Pluralistic world;
- Sustaining Science and Technology through Ethnic and Religious diversity;
- Science Education in a Pluralistic world;
- Technology Education in a Pluralistic world;
- Computer Education in a Pluralistic world;
- Sustainable Development Goals in a Pluralistic world;
- Role of Mathematics, Statistics and Data appraisal for Sustaining ICT in a Pluralistic world;
- Role of Geo-information Science in Sustaining Science and Technology in a Pluralistic world,
- Any other relevant topic
Abstracts can be submitted online. Abstract submission closes on November 6, 2017. Please save, title and send your abstract, for example, as ANCOSOS2017ADENEGAN (in case you wish to send to the conference email). Acceptance of abstracts accepted shall be forwarded to all intending presenters while all papers to be presented should be sent as a power point in PDF format via email to the conference secretariat on or before November 10th, 2017. It shall be well appreciated if the full version (MS Word) of the paper(s) to be presented is sent to the conference email for proceeding/journal publication as desired by the presenter on or before the conference date.
Registration and Fees
NIGERIAN PARTICIPANTS: 10, 000 Naira
STUDENT: 2,5 00 Naira
FOREIGN PARTICIPANTS: $100
NOTE: Early bird registration and payment
20% discount latest 31st Augsut, 2017
10% discount latest 30th September, 2017
5% discount latest 31st October, 2017.
***Additional certificate for authors with more than one paper or co-authors who did not attend or register for the conference is 1, 000 Naira
All paid fees shall be duly receipted for. All fees are payable (in Nigeria currency) to United Bank for Africa (UBA), Account Number 1015567782, Account Name: School of Science Adeyemi Ondo.
Foreign participants may need to contact the organisers in case of payment to be made before the conference and shall be guided, through our bank agents. On a remarkable note, registration fee can also be paid at the registration desk during the conference. Intending Foreign participants should contact the embassy of Nigeria or Ministry of Foreign Affairs in their domain for necessary and sufficient information on travelling procedures and required travel documents. The ANCOSOS organisers shall always be willing to help in this regards as well.
The Registration fee does not include accommodation. Participants can book hotels themselves or call the organisers for direct booking with the hotels in the City. Affordable and pocket-friendly hotel accommodations are available within and outside the campus which includes Polak, Akiavic, Esporta, RKY, Ade Super, Motel Plaza, Sunny Sky, Adeyemi College Guest house, and First Molac. Foreign and External participants can book directly with the hotels using www.booking.com or contact the conference organising committee for necessary assistance.
We look forward to welcoming you at the 2017 ANCOSOS Event. It will surely be memorable intellectually!
The Dean of the School of Science, Dr. P.O Akinbile, on behalf of the Local Organizing Committee
the LOCAL ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
- Mr. M.O. Ojo, LOC Chairman (+2348034261906)
- Dr. M.S. Olajide, LOC Secretary (+2348065009101)
- Dr. K. E. Adenegan, PRO/ICT Officer (+2348036576466)